Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Luck of the Irish

Good Morning
I had the day off yesterday, so I decided we needed a new wreath for the front door and with St. Patricks day right around the corner, I used what I had at home and created this for our front door.


On Sunday Kim at http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/ gave a tutorial for this wallhanging/tabletopper, so yesterday I completed the top, this morning I think I will quilt it, hopefully getting it complete by St. Patty's Day.
Of course I was blogging yesterday and ran across the Pink Penguin blog and her tutorial on this cute little fabric basket, so I made this in about an hour lastnight. I am thinking of adding 2 more rows and making it an Easter basket. Not sure if I will get that done today, as I have to work this afternoon. http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.html


Other than that not much new here, we got about 6 inches of snow on Saturday and it is all melting :( and today or tomorrow or maybe both, it is going to rain. OH BOY the rainy season. Everything gets so muddy and mucky, but soon the spring flowers will be out. I have already planted geraniums, daisys and moss roses in the house and all but the moss roses are up and growing, the seed package says 10 - 15 to germinate and today is day 11 so hopefully something will be peeking out from the dirt.
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, you get mud season there too! It is my most unfavorite time of the year...

You were busy making cute things! Like the basket a lot - and I'm planning on doing something with that shamrock pattern.