Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Night Fun

Hi everyone!

Well today I ran out to my parents old house and removed all the snow, hopefully this house will sell soon! Yesterday we got 10 - 12 inches of wonderful snow. I really love snow. It is so pretty. I cleared our driveway at 7 AM and hopped in my Mountainer to head over to breakfast with my quiltting friends -- only 1 did not come because of the snow, I understand - the roads were bad. Then we head over to the bank basement for more sewing, and chatting - A few more did not make it there, but the 6 of us who were there had a great time. Laughing and stitching. I have a few photos but I will have to put them on tomorrow. Today DH wants to run some errands and is patiently waiting for me.
BUT I had to tell you to check out Heidi's blog http://handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com and sign up for next Fridays Sew in. You sew on Friday night at your leisure and them post your pictures on Saturday on your blog, sounds like fun and she is even offering a few prizes I think.
Check it out. I have lots of sewing to do, so I figure it is an excuse to get up in the creation station and create!!
Happy stitches!
Dorothy

3 comments:

Quilty bird said...

Sounds like fun! I love that you can follow "we had a foot of snow" with "then I did some errands". It's like that here in Colorado. My east coast family talk about the city shutting down when they get a few inches of snow.

Unknown said...

Love your Valentine blog cover. Also the cute picture. Have a good day in YOUR snow.

Heidi said...

We are so happy that you are joining us for the Sew-in on the 15th.

And I love your quilt block find in your next post. Why can't I ever find things that that for $2?? Good job!