Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine Party and Gas Leak!!

Good Morning

Well yesterday sure did not go the way I planned. My parents old house had a gas leak, and hubby had told the gas man on Thursday this and the man said it was before the meter and that someone would come out and look at it. We were there on Friday all day cleaning out the attic and garage... and you could smell gas when you were near the front door. So Saturday AM I called Nicor and asked when they think it might be fixed, since there will be a home inspection on Monday at Noon. Well you would have thought I called in a fire! The lady at Nicor explained to me someone would be there within the hour and they might have to turn the gas off, I asked for how long, she said she had no idea....well now this might create a HUGE problem since we have the water etc on, and it is below freezing and I am thinking frozen pipes etc.....SO off we went to that house, about 45 minutes away.......of course Nicor had come and gone and fixed the leak!! But hubby wanted to get the golf cart running......and I swept the basement and garage......7 hours later hubby still working on golf cart and finally it is RUNNING!! We went without the trailer, since we did not have a chance to unload that from Fridays packing up of the garage. SO good news it, house is perfect for inspection, ok at least we think it is, we can pick up golf cart next week.....bad news, my sewing time was very limited.....

Here is my Schnibbles X - rated, I did get all the rows sewn together - today I just need to sew them together. I love the colors!



I had this tablerunner pieced, it is a quilt as you go from the BOM last weekend, so I fused the hearts on and I still need to blanket stitch around them and bind...something else I can get done today...



I hope you had a great time at the party....I sure wish I could have party'd all day.....but that dog gone Murphy's law got in my way!

Happy Stitches
Dorothy

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Sorry you couldn't party with us all day long, but safety & heat is a big priority. Don't dawdle with gas leaks. Very serious! Hope all is now ok!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Quilty bird said...

That Schnibbles top is so cute! What a fun word to say - Schnibble!