Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winter Picnic Results and Baby Shower

Good Morning!

We had a great time at the winter picnic yesterday, I tried to load more photos but I must be at the days limit. So tomorrow I will add some more. In my First Thursday group we are swapping these scrappy blocks, you basically take a 6 inch square cut it diagonally and add a 1 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch strip down the center. This pattern was in a magazine last summer, a fantastic way to use up some scraps. I needed to make 192 more blocks and yesterday between the picnic and about 1 hour after I got home I GOT THEM ALL DONE!! We exchange 64 blocks a month and have 3 months left, so I am thankful I am done with this project. Here is a photo of some, they are scrappy.





Today I am off to my favorite nieces baby shower, it is her first baby and we know it is a girl.
I got these cute little booties at a craft show last fall.




This is a not a great picture, but I made a a burp cloth and receiving blanket - the blanket was so easy you just sew 2 pieces of flannel together 36 inch squares, and add a decorative stitch on the edge, simple fast and cute!




Here is the quilt I made for her....I hope she likes it.


This was a panel I had quilted and I thought it might be cute for spring for her when she takes the baby out.


I did cut out my Civil War BOM but did not get that done, I hope to get it finished before I go this morning. I am not sure of the name of the BOM I will find that out but it is from Marcus Brothers.
Well I hope whatever you do today is fun!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy




1 comment:

Myra said...

Dorothy,
I like the socks in the pictures.Also I still haven't recieved my package for the 30's fat quarters yet.
thanks Myra
could you contact me at binkisplac@yahoo.com or my1dog@yahoo.com please