Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew In - Here is what I worked on

Good Morning!

Did you get alot done at the Friday night sew in last night? I sure feel like I did. First I completed another little Halloween treat bag. Cute little Frankenstein on the front of it. I keep making these from scraps in my fall/halloween fabric tote. Earlier this week I even made a larger one to hold a gift for garden club. They are so easy, you gotta try them. I am going to start making some for Christmas for gift cards.

Then I had gotten an email regarding the Little Dresses for Africa program - where you use a pillowcase to make little girls dresses, I thought it sounded interesting and I would give it a try.
Thursday I was off and had to run some errands, while out I found a fabulous garage sale! And they had some king size pillowcases in perfect condition for 25 cents each, so I purchased 3. And I already had the bias tape that you need for the arms, so for 75 cents I made 3 little dresses that just turned out so cute. Oh and I did have the rick rack in my stash too.

This one is yellow with pink ties and pink rick rack, they wear them like little sundresses.

And here are the 2 blue ones I completed!

You can also make them from fabric too, but these took under an hour each to complete. Wanna try it.. go to and get the pattern.
Off to work today!
Happy Stitches!

1 comment:

Nanna said...

how sweet, I love the fact that you're making them for Africa, what a wonderful cause, I'll definately check that link out