Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Hello

How are you today?

After I worked the weekend and Monday I have had Tuesday and today off. So I should have sewed up a storm, right? Well this is all I have a photo of, it is an apron for the Garden Club District meeting on Thursday, it is for the lady who will be selling the raffle tickets. That is all I have completed!!


Well I guess that is not true, I have made 7 dog beds for the animal shelter, back in July when we had my family come in -- I cleaned out our closet -- all the shirts that no longer fit hubby or were mustard stained or had asphalt stains on them I tossed into a HUGE BLACK GARBAGE Bag -- It was stuffed!! So that was back in July! So yesterday I managed to use 1/2 of what was in the bag to stuff the dog beds, I shred the shirts with my rotary cutter down to 1 -2 inch wide strips. I still have 1/2 of the HUGE garbage bag left to use, so hopefully I can complete this by Friday and run over to the shelter. It is a great way to use up scraps etc. I also have a pet bed on my ironing board (I attach it with a safety pin) and then as I trim up blocks etc, I toss it in the bed and in no time I have a bed stuffed and ready. I usually wait til I have about 20 beds and then make me run over there. It really helps out the shelter and what they don't use for pets there they sell at different festivals for money for dog food. I also think people who adopt can pick a bed if they like.

I am also working on my Pagini Schnibbles quilt, I am just squaring up my 1/2 square triangles to 4 inches.

Other than that just doing a bit of straightening and tidying up in the Creation Station too.

Off to get back to sewing!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

No comments: