Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Thursday

Hello

Today is one of my favorite days of the month, First Thursday and I get together with my quilting buddies, and since I am off in the winter I got to spend all day stitching and talking to my friends a perfect day. We start with breakfast at 7:30 and then head over the basement of the bank and stitch and eat and laugh til 2! What fun and this month I decided to challenge everyone, I gave them a valentine challenge so we will see what they come up with. They were all buzzing about it, so I am sure everyone was thinking of what they could create.

I have been busy the last few days stitching away in my Creation Station. I completed this baby quilt for a friend to give as a gift, I love this pattern so quick and easy.



Then in the Yahoo Stashbuster Group they have an "ugly" block each month, last year it was ugly pinks, well I never finished that quilt (no surprise there!) So this year is "ugly" green, so this is the first block - I decided to combine the pinks and greens and I just love the way this block turned out. Too bad I am using scraps otherwise this would be great quilt. I don't think the blocks are ugly, I am just using up fabric -- trust me I need to do that.


Then in the Yahoo Group Quilted Table Runner Group, we are having a block swap, this is the block I made for this. We needed to make 4 blocks and they are done and ready to go - I will get them in the mail tomorrow. I am actually ahead on this, they don't need to be to the hostess til Feb 1st. But I really want to be ahead of deadlines this year.



This I just finished the binding this morning at our meeting, this is a quick and easy embroidery by This and That. I finished the center in about 2 evenings watching TV with hubby. And then bordered it last night.



And here is a picture of my Poochie, this is her Christmas bone and she carries this with her everywhere! She is a sweetie and I don't think I have introduced you to her yet.
She is a chow / shepard mix and she is smart as a shepard and always patrolling the yard like a shepard.

Be sure to check out Kims Big Quilting Adventure Blog (see the link on my sidebar) to see the Valentine Blog hop starting this Sunday.

I hope your new Year is going well. Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stitches!
Dorothy














1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, I think your Poochie is adorable.

You've really been busy - I like the two blocks you made and the baby quilt is cute...