Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Good Morning!

WOW what a great couple of days we have had here, well that is if you like I mean LOVE snow!
And I do! It started snowing Tuesday and continued til sometimes yesterday. We got well over 20 inches of snow and it is AWESOME!

You might remember this chair from my header on my blog in the summer it had the patriotic quilt over it. Well this is what it looked like yesterday. And it sits on my front porch, that is covered. I think I am going to make this into a card, the picture is kind a pretty.




Here is by our garage -- took us awhile to clear this out. But it was fun! Hubby doesn't find the same joy in the snow as I do, he looks at it as work. But it is so beautiful, how can it get it down. Our backyard is well over 3 feet and some places 4 feet deep, but I had to go down and feed the birds and squirrels, hubby says if you fall in the yard I will get you in the spring! So knowing he was looking out the window, I fell down and made a snow angel!! Luckily I was able to make it up and get back in the house. This winter is just too much fun!!

I did make some other projects at the retreat, these are a couple of mug rugs I made - I am in the Mug Rug swap from Quilting Gallery. I am not sure if I am swapping these or making more
these darn things are so addictive and fun to make -- being quick and easy also helps!


This green fabric with the flowers I purchased a resale/consignment shop here in town the other day and I got a 1/2 yard for 75 cents, I think that was a good deal!

I hope if you are in the path of the blizzard you stay safe... and enjoy maybe an extra day off in the sewing room!
I am going to sew up a storm today...check back tomorrow for a finish or 2!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy


No comments: