Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here's what I have been up to

Hello!

I got the day off of work today! Yippee! I am really not happy there, and can't wait to go back to the garden center. It was a nice change of pace having an extra day off so I thought I would work in the Creation Station today.

I spent some time cleaning up in there. It was time for that.

Here is the Thimbleberrie Star top I was telling you about the other day, I put the blocks together and the borders on...then went to quilt it and No batting that would work- I have small pieces and long thin pieces for table runners - I am going to stop at JoAnns tomorrow on my way to work or on my way home and get a package of batting -- so I can get this done this coming weekend.





During breaks at work I have been cutting out bunny ears and noses. I make these little bunny egss for the Hospice and the Senior Center here in town. I need 184 done. Today I completed 2 dozen. I shop after Easter and get the eggs so cheap and they are cute -- I fill them with jelly beans. I hope they bring a smile to those who receive them.




Here is my pincushion for the Swappy Pincushion swap. The green is from a wool sweater that I got at the trhift shop and then felted. It is a nice big pincushion, I hope my swap partner likes it.


Well back to the Creation Station!
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy

1 comment:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Cute pincushion Dorothy. I had a swap participate email me that they had shipped while I was out of town. Foolishly, I thought I would remember who it was. Was it you?