Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pincushion Swap and More

Good Morning!

I have been busy this weekend, I started off yesterday morning sewing this block... I used a red tone on tone from moda and the floral is Kansas Troubles. I found this on Lisa's Blog
www.lisabongean.wordpress.com she is doing a scrap basket block of the month. The blocks are a finished size of 6 inches, so the 1/2 square triangles are 1 inch finished, I used triangle paper and they turned out perfect. I am going to make this quilt using some of my Kansas Trouble fabrics. I really like this block, I could see 3 or 4 blocks for a table runner or 6 blocks and a sashing in pastels for a baby quilt. Give it a try, super simple block, looks much harder than it is.




In my quilted table runner group, we are having a St. Pattys Day swap, and this is what I created, I picked a fused block, and we were not to stitch around the edges, that is up to the person who gets the blocks, neat idea, because you could do them in black or green. Can't wait to get the other blocks back and see what everyone else created.


I got a wonderful surprise in the mail yesterday....From Marjory in the Flickr Pincushion Swap Group - I just love it. So springy!! And we sure needed that around here yesterday, as we got a combo of snow, sleet and rain, lovely :( Thank you so much, I am taking this up to the Creation Station today and putting it next to little Lil! The edging looks like lace in the photo, but it is actually beading, how cool is that. And the spider, so neat made out of beads! Very clever!!
Thank you so much!!




And here is what I have done at lunch and on breaks at work the past 2 weeks, this is just a few of my Hexies, I have a sandwich bag full of more of them -- I really don't like this job at all, but I am temping so I try to keep a positive attitude and without doing something quilty on my breaks and lunch I think I would have quit after day 3! I have been there 4 weeks, can hardly believe that, and I am the only person they have kept so far, they let 3 ladies go (all nice hard working ladies) and 1 gal came in at 9:30 and went to lunch at 12:15 and never came back! It is all a numbers game to them and if you don't have the right numbers - your out - I can not wait to start back at the garden center in April. So I only have 4 more weeks there if they keep me, they are hiring more folks on Tuesday so we shall see.

Back to the hexies, you can see why these little things just brighten my day even more can't you!



Well I am off to finish a small quilt top (another UFO) I started working in on yesterday, then hubby wanted to take a ride and we left at Noon and got back at 9:30 .....so I have the blocks sewn together today is borders and quilting hopefully. And binding tonight or maybe binding during the bachelor tomorrow night....it is always good to have something to do on TV night.
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy


No comments: