Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Snowed (Sew) In Results

Good Saturday morning!

How did your Friday night sew in go? Mine was fantastic, got lots done. I got 2 out of the 3 things on my list complete and I started sewing on my string blocks. This star block table topper can (yes you guessed it out of the basket) But it is another finish from there so YIPPEE!
And I got a little bolder with my quilting here, I quilted stars in the border -- It should sell this summer at a craft show - very patriotic I think.



Then this topper I made 2 years ago and I finally got I quilted. And I bound it yesterday so it is done and I put it on Etsy -- our kitchen was yellow and now it is green -- so I may as well try to sell it -- unless a family member speaks up for it. I am just glad it is off the UFO list :)




And here is my January Schnibble Full House COMPLETE! Well I have to put the label on it - I only did 12 houses I have the perfect spot for this wall quilt in the guest room and 16 houses would have made it too big.
I just love it! Of course it is 30's and those are my fav's!



I am really having fun with my machine quilting -- I have discovered a secret, I don't drop my feed dogs it gives me a little resistance and that slows me down and my stitches look sooo much better. How about you -- feed dogs Up or Down? Have you tried it with them up?

About 9 inches of snow fell here yesterday and it is cold - hoping to get my walk in this afternoon and I will be sewing up a storm today too!

Check back tomorrow to see what I did today and thanks for stopping!

Happy Stitches
Dorothy

1 comment:

Debbie said...

you got alot done! yay!