Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday night / day Sew In

Good Morning!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Yesterday was Friday night sew in -- and since I will be starting back to work on Monday -- I crafted most of the day yesterday. I have collected 3 chairs that I wanted to make into Chair Planters - I had gotten 2 of them as roadside treasures (you know other peoples trash is my treasure) and 1 I had paid $2 for. The paint is what we have in the garage, so this project cost very little and I think they turned out great.

This is the first one -- It is made of a very hard wood, Dear Hubby had a heck of a time cutting the hole - and of course this is the first one we did, so he was not too thrilled at this point.



This is chair 2 -- I paid $2 for this one -- I should have taken before pictures it was just your normal brown wood chair, with a much softer wood seat, so Dear Hubby was now on board with this project :) You can enlarge this photo and see I painted little green and yellow dots on the back wooden bars.




The 3rd chair is not completed, I have painted it yellow and this morning I plan to finish it. I will post a photo tomorrow.

Then we we came inside I needed to finish up this block for the Jan Patek BOM I am doing, so I finished appliqueing this block.


All in all it was a productive day!

How was your Friday Night Sew In?

Happy Stitches!
Dorothy

5 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

I have a garden chair in old green chippy paint like I found it.Yours turned out lovely.Will look so pretty with colorful blooms.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Susan said...

Love the chair planters! And your BOM is lovely. Gotta love FNSI great job

pinsandneedles said...

Love the chair planter idea! Must keep an eye out for some lovely roadside treasures! wink*
Thanks for sharing.

Babs said...

Love these chairs, don't forget to post pics when you have flowers in them. They'll be beautiful. Saw your link on "Sew Many Ways".

Sara said...

I love the applique block you did. It is lovely...I want to learn how to do that...