Monday, April 16, 2012

Fruit Cocktail Tree

Good Morning!

I got no sewing done this weekend . But it was my birthday on Sunday so between working both Saturday and Sunday and celebrating my birthday - sewing took a back seat !

My brother in law is a big time gardener and a month or so ago he told me about this Fruit Cocktail tree -- it basically is a tree that has several fruit trees grafted on it. - I think Apricot, Peaches, Plum and Nectarines. So he ordered 1 for him and 1 for me and he and my sister in law came on on Saturday night to give me my tree and then we went out to dinner. It was a fun evening. But the fun did not stop there, Sunday morning I was up early and I planted my tree -- it is about 2 feet tall and it is just a stick right now. I got to thinking about this fruit cocktail tree and how my brother in laws are joksters, so I thought this was a good one! I took a picture when I planted the tree --here it is...and sent it to my brother in law.

Then when I got home from work I took this photo and sent it to my brother in law! My tree is already producing!!! He got a big kick out of my email!


And yesterday I worked and Dear Hubby picked me up and we went to Famous Daves for some great BBQ! Came home and watched Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice and today is the first day back at work for Dear Hubby for the season --so we had to get up at 4 AM this morning.
So far I have gotten up, gave Rudy all his morning meds and he is doing Fantastic! Poochie and I walked 3 1/2 miles, we found a chair on our walk, so I drove over and picked it up and also
found a neat headboard I am going to make into a garden bench, folded laundry and put it away -- now I am going to make my lunch and shower and go to work! Have a great day!

Happy Stitches!
Dorothy

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Never heard of a fruit cocktail tree before. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when it grows out properly. =D

Kendra said...

So glad your tree is already producing LOL!

Happy belated birthday! I s'pose if I had been at the garden club meeting I would have known your birthday was coming up!

Kendra