Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Good Morning and Happy Easter!

I hope the Easter bunny was good to you :) We are spending a quiet day at home, maybe doing a little work in the garden. Not sure yet, it is early and Dear Hubby announced he is bored -- my goodness it is 8:30 in the morning - -I have a list a mile long :) So we will see what we do today.

Here is what I have been up to this week, the Garden Center was open all week and it was slow early in the week and we were really busy yesterday -- so it was a good week, but I was tired when I got home so I did not get much sewing done.

As part of the Quilting Book club on Flickr - we had to pick a charm pack project or other precut project -- I only have a few charm packs so I picked 2! I have always wanted to do these 2 table runners so this just pushes me to do them.

The first on is really easy you don't even cut the charms -- and I have sewn all the charms up already but I don't have a photo of that yet. I am using a Mary Englebrieght group of charms. And you use rick rack on this and I have 3 colors to pick from yellow, red or green so I am going to have to make a big decision here!!

The other project is where you cut the charms and and then do some turning of them -- I am using a Fig Tree group for this. I have not started on this one yet.

Last Sunday Dear Hubby wanted to go fishing so we went to a new lake, and on the way we got to drive thru this covered bridge! It was so awesome!

And then here are a couple pictures of the lake, - this is one of my new favorite spots! We had a nice time but once again no fish!

Here is where he fished for a few hours -- and I stitched. I will show you my stitchery I have been working on tomorrow, cause I want to finish the block today.

Well I hope you have a happy Easter and spend it with your family.

Happy Stitches

1 comment:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Easter Dorothy! Were off to grandma's old farmhouse.Can't wait to do the egg hunt.Yes my hubby gets bored way to quickly to and I always have a never ending to do on some of your swap gifts.Gotta say you are hard LoL.I went back through almost every entry on your blog but not many home pics.I think I got it figured all out though.Warm Blessings!~Amy