Sunday, August 19, 2012

FNSI, Winner and just an update

Good Morning

Can't believe August is flying by -- I have been home since August 5th - the Garden Center closed until Sept 8th -- and I have been one busy bee.  The first week, I worked in the yard and gardens each day -- spread 25 bags of mulch - edged trees, garden beds and did massive weeding.  My garden club had a garden walk that week and our house was on the walk, so everything looked fantastic and a good time was had by everyone and it was so nice to see the other gardens.  I have lots of new ideas.  Then the weekend of August 11 was Dear Hubby's birthday weekend, so we took off for the weekend.  So nice to get away -- and it was the first full weekend I have been off since late March.  Off course we took the fur babies with us and here they are on Sunday morning at the hotel -- Poochie loves to read her sports section and then Arts & Entertainment!  She is an avid reader!!!      


And apparently once she read the Cubs had lost another game, she just did not know how she was going to make it thru the day!!! LOL And Rudy is waiting for the paper or at least wants to read it along with her!!  We went to a Hawaiian type buffet on Friday night and get a lei - Rudy was thrilled to wear it the rest of the weekend!    
 



Thank you for all the nice comments on my blocks for the Christmas Blog Hop -- The Winner for the mug rug is Nancy Biggins - I will send you an email and get your address so I can send off the mug rug.  Dear Hubby is going to put my patterns out there today -- he is a wiz at this computer stuff and I just could not get the PDF files to load up.  It was very frustrating!!

Friday was Friday Night Sew In and I worked all afternoon and evening on my 2 projects,  This is the Mystery Quilt form I think McCalls Magazine they had published this year -- I had most of the parts done just needed to sew it together. I really like it and can't wait to quilt it - I am thinking of getting an off white inexpensive comforter the the bed and then just putting this on top of it, we have a king bed and it fits across but not up and down -- and I am off of this fabric.  So that seems to the an answer for using this quilt.
    


And I also worked on the Dimestore Schnibbles which is the Scnibbles of the month - I have all my blocks complete, I am doing a Christmas Theme -- the centers are little ginger-breads on the red  centers and a cute snowman face on the  green centers.  Today I hope to get the top done.


 Saturday I set up at a local Flea Market / Farmers market since I have cleaned my sewing room last week, I had lots of goodies to sell, and tons of finished table runners - got rid of some stuff and I will posting so things on Etsy in the next day or two.

I hope all is well with you and thanks for stopping!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy


5 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

I love your fur babies - they are precious.

Hugs

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Dorothy, busy gal you are, I also love your furbabies, so sweet. Love the quilt, turned out great.Still waiting on my swap Ditty Bag, geeze the mail is so sloooow,will let you know. Blessings Francine.

Cherie said...

Wow you really have been busy! Days off can be very productive if you spend them wisely =D

pinsandneedles said...

You certainly was busy and got lots accomplished! Well done!

Kendra said...

Isn't it wonderful to have smart dogs?
I just emailed you.
Talk to you soon about next weekend!

Kendra